Catch up with all the breaking news for the Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon, right here…
October 1 - Entry opens for the 2013 Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon and the TAG Bush Bolt – Sydney’s Wendy Mortimer is the first entry!
September 3 – X-Tri Australia donates over $4000 to the Ryder Cheshire Foundation. Treasurer of the NSW Foundation, Peter O’Donnell, sends the thanks of the committee to all involved in the 2012 race for such a generous donation, which will assist disadvantaged and disabled people in both East Timor and India.
August 24th - Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon Date Set
The best kept secret event date is out!
The 2013 date for the Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon will be August 18th in 2013; and the main event will be preceded by the Tropical Auto Group Bush Bolt following the inaugural fun run event that attracted over 100 entries.
The 2013 Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon will once again feature a challenging swim and bike, and the unique run course through resort grounds and entry will open on October 1st for the first 850 individuals and 50 teams only.
2013 will be the 14th annual Ironman 70.3 event at Yeppoon; and competitors can look forward to another great weekend, resort style, with the race on Sunday looking to break more records.
The 2012 winners, Tim Reed and Lisa Marangon BOTH broke the overall course record last Sunday. Reed and runner up, Sam Betten were both under the old mark, set 10 years ago by Courtney Atkinson whilst Lisa smashed the 2003 record set by Rebekah Keat! Both Marangon and Reed also broke the bike course record, with Reed also setting a new Run record!
August 19th – Tim Reed and Lisa Marangon win the Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon! Fast times, big field and a great day’s racing!
July 30th - A Level One Technical course will be taking place at Mercure Resort on Saturday August 18 (the same weekend and location of the Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon)
The purpose of the course is to provide candidates with the necessary knowledge to go on and become fully accredited technical officials on the Field of Play.
If you would like to attend purely to further your understanding of the rules of triathlon or the role of Technical Officials on the Field of Play you can also attend.
This course is FREE OF CHARGE
How to register?
Email email@example.com stating that you would like to attend the upcoming course and provide the following details
Full Name; Address; Mobile Phone; Email; TA membership number
July 20th – Last day to withdraw before no more refunds.
July 19th – The pro list – here’s who you are racing with!
- Anderson, Mitchell - AUS – Ironman winner, Strongman winner and perennial podium placed pro from Melbourne
- Bailey, Matt – AUS – Team TBB – runner up 2011 Ironman 70.3 Canberra; 1st place Under 23 Australian Long course Champion 2009; 2nd place Under 23 World championships Long course 2009
- Barry, Nicole – AUS – World Champion, Australian Champion, Inaugural Triathlon Olympian – Sydney 2000
- Betten, Samuel – AUS - Dual Australian Junior Elite Champion (2006&2007)
- Borg, Johan – AUS - WA Triathlete of the Year; Busselton 70.3 12th pro; Ironman New Zealand 1st 18-24 age group and 13th overall; Canberra half Ironman 5th OR (AG); Yeppoon half Ironman 10th OR (AG)
- Crowley, Sarah – AUS – Winner Ironman 70.3 Cairns
- Fergusson, Naomi – NZL – First Year pro – 12th Ironman 70.3 Hawaii; AG team member NZL World Champs team 2005, 2007-2012
- Gillmer, Luke – AUS – Solid results in Canada and Australia – top ten in local Ironman 70.3 events.
- Gordon, Adam – NZL – Qld Duathlon / Olympic Dist Champion
- Hallett, Kristy – AUS – Third Mercure Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon
- Hammond, Ben – AUS – first year Ironman 70.3 Pro
- Hodge, James – AUS – 2012 Ironman 70.3 Busso Winner, 2011 World Champ 18-19 Age group
- Hull, Nicholas – AUS – First year pro
- Lampe, Joseph – AUS – pro athlete on the move in the Ironman 70.3 racing world at home and overseas
- Marangon, Lisa – AUS – Winner 2011 Ironman 70.3 Canberra, runner up 2011 Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon
- O’Connor, Will – NZL – First year pro
- Paxton, Rachael – AUS – Podium place getter in numerous Ironman 70.3 races around the Asian Pacific basin
- Polson, John – AUS – 2012 Noumea Tri – Winner
- Reed, Tim – Lord Howe Is – 2012 AUs LD Champ; Canberra Ironman 70.3 Winner
- Wall, Lindsey – AUS - 3rd in the Victorian LD Champs Falls creek 2012; 5th 2011 Australian LD Champs Huskisson.
- Whistler, Ollie – Lord Howe Is – defending Yeppoon champion and winner 2011 Ironman 70.3 Canberra
- White, Matt – AUS – Winner Yeppoon 2009 and perennial podium placement in Ironman 70.3 races.
July 15 – WHY DO YOU RACE? At the beginning of April this year, Australian Actress – Lisa Gormley and boyfriend, Lachlan Wortman began a documented Journey towards the Ironman Triathlon.
Their first goal is to compete in the Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon on August 19th, in Yeppoon, Queensland. After this, they plan to make the Journey towards the 140.6 Mile, full length, Ironman at the beginning of 2013.
The purpose is to raise funds for the Charity of their creation, The Milsy Foundation, a fund established to aid the recovery of Edward Milner, a friend and former sportsperson facing the difficulties of trying to finance an operation to return his ability to walk, without the use of a leg brace.
With Milsy’s support, the Foundation’s main purpose will be to raise awareness and provide support for other sufferers of debilitating injuries. To show that through sports rehab and the possibility of new opportunities, anyone can overcome the obstacles of injury. After Milsy’s surgery has been paid for, The Milsy Foundation’s will start a “Financial Hardship fund for Injured athletes”.
The Fund will choose worthy candidates that are in desperate need of medical assistance, but are unable to pay. The Fund will be in partnership with the Royal Rehabilitation Centre. As one of the finest medical facilities in Australia for Sports Rehabilitation, The Milsy Foundation’s fund will allow people access to Medical Care that, were it not for the kindness of your donations, they would never have dreamed possible.
July 3 – Just checking the entry list! Woah – from TV stars to crack pro racers, this race has it all!!! And great to see so many people racing for charities and great causes – more on some of them real soon!
July 2 – TO those entrants who have cancelled or withdrawn their entry in the last week. We will have an administration run coming up shortly and your cancellations will be processed at that time. All withdrawals with us before July 12th will be processed prior to the cut off date of July 19th and withdrawals in the final week for refunds will be processed after July 19th.
June 27 – Right now we’re proud to say we’ve filled the 2012 Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon – but with some withdrawals to come out, we’re going to leave the entry open until Sunday July 1st at 8:00pm, before we switch in the waiting list! What does this mean? Five days in which to guarantee and entry!
June 27 – A warm Yeppoon welcome to new event supporters in Rocket Science Sports, Capilano Honey and Queensland Events! Catch up with more information on our new supporters in coming days in our Sponsor section.
June 15 – The Capricorn Bush Bolt is open for entry – 7kms of the sweetest fun running you’ll find in the Resort Saturday August 18th! Come one come ALL. Entries for most ages! See the direct link from the home page now!
Jun 13 - Entries are filling fast we are close to selling out get in quick to avoid disappointment – just under 50 entry slots remain!
Dec 1 – Entries are now open and selling fast!
Nov 29 - 10am AEDT Entries Open Tomorrow!
Nov 21 – 10am Thursday December 1 – Entries Open for the 2012 Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon
Nov 17 – The date for the opening of entry to the August 19th Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon is now set – sign in to Twitter and FaceBook to be the first to know the date!
Oct 14 – Breaking News – the international property group, Accor, has taken over management of the newly named Mercure Capricorn Resort. This means a great future for the resort and X-Tri Events is working with the new management to lock in all arrangements for the 2012 Mercure Capricorn Resort Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon. We are now looking to open entries for the 2012 edition of QLD’s only Ironman 70.3 event (and QLD state LD championship) VERY soon. Watch the breaking news as we count down to the launch of entry for this exciting event.
Oct 13 – 2012 date announced: Sunday August 19